Cajun Seafood Pasta Recipe
Here's a recipe for Cajun Seafood Pasta featuring shrimp, crab, and scallops. This creamy and flavorful dish is a real treat.
- 8 oz (225g) linguine or fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 lb (225g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb (225g) lump crab meat
- 1/2 lb (225g) scallops
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Prepare the Pasta:
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the Seafood:
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp, crab, and scallops with Dat’s Louisiana Creole Seasoning to coat them evenly.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the seasoned seafood to the skillet. Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side until the shrimp turn pink, the scallops are seared, and the crab is heated through. Remove the seafood from the skillet and set aside.
- Make the Sauce:
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add the chopped onion and bell pepper. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Pour in the chicken broth and diced tomatoes. Let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the heavy cream. Simmer for another 3-4 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese until melted and incorporated into the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine and Serve:
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the creamy sauce. Toss to coat the pasta evenly with the sauce.
- Gently fold in the cooked seafood, taking care not to break apart the crab meat.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the seafood to heat through.
- Divide the Cajun seafood pasta among serving plates.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Enjoy your delectable Cajun Seafood Pasta, a delightful blend of flavors and textures that's sure to impress your taste buds!